Sunday, April 29, 2012

Thoughts on Resurrection

On Friday in class, Dr. Ginther asked us our thoughts on resurrection. When almost no one raised their hands to comment on the question, I realized that I was not the only one who had probably never thought about it. The resurrection of Christ (and therefore Christians) is something that we have all been taught for most of our lives. Regardless of the arguments made for there being no resurrection, it is much of the basis of the Gospel.

In class we talked about no resurrection of Christ means no resurrection of Christians which means faith is futile. If faith is futile, then dead Christians are already lost. This is not a claim that I can easily accept. We spend all of our lives trying to live the "right way" so that we can go to Heaven when we die. So if there is no resurrection, what is the point in living well? Are we living well and doing the right thing simply for nothing? I think not.

There is an empty tomb that says there is a such thing as resurrection. All of our beliefs are somewhat surrounded by the idea of resurrection. It is what the Gospel is based on.

I realize that I am kind of speaking in circles, but I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea, and I'm really tired of typing the word "ressurection." So, please, feel free to comment. It's the last week of class, let's make it good!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you on this. To me this claim wasnt easily swallowed. If the claim that resurrection didnt happen means that my faith is dead. That will means everything that i was taught to live by was a lie and lost. If there was no resurrection my question also is what is the purpose of me living well? what is my purpose for me trying to do right or wrong?

    ReplyDelete